A TEFL PROGRAM OF THE HIGHEST INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC AND INDUSTRY STANDARDS
The Via Lingua Group is fully committed to ensuring that both the content and delivery of its CTEFL program meet the highest possible international academic and industry standards. It is important for us to be able to demonstrate the quality of the Via Lingua program to the end-users of our CTEFL qualification – trainee teachers, future employers, colleges and universities. We seek to do this through reference to internationally accepted standards so that our stakeholders can be confident in the final certificate and what it represents. Our accreditation process includes both internal and external verification, standardization and validation elements.
The Via Lingua Group is proud to have articulation agreements with graduate-level programs at several universities; our commitment to Via Lingua CTEFL candidates is that their final certificate will not only recognize their development and achievement as language teachers, matched against standardized statements of attainment, but will also be recognized as a high level graduate qualification by tertiary education institutes and employers.
The Via Lingua International network of centers is accredited and certified by local, national and global organizations and government agencies.
The Via Lingua CTEFL Course is officially endorsed as a Level 5 certificate by Learning Resource Network (LRN).
The Via Lingua Group is proud to announce that its CTEFL program is officially endorsed as a Level 5 certificate by Learning Resource Network (LRN). Having thoroughly audited our program, LRN confirms that the Via Lingua CTEFL course fully meets their stringent requirements. In accordance with LRN’s specifications, the Via Lingua CTEFL course:
- Provides candidates with the awareness, knowledge and skills required by teachers / trainers who wish to progress their career in English Language Teaching;
- Leads to an approved teaching qualification that allows graduates to teach English as a foreign or second language in a range of educational contexts;
- Is delivered in centers that have appropriate resources, facilities, capacity and capability (including suitably qualified training staff);
- Prepares its graduates for future career and study options (including access to diploma and MATESOL programs);
- Conforms to international standards by providing:
- a minimum of 120 hours on-site tuition with highly qualified and experienced trainers;
- an observed and assessed teaching practicum program, involving the teaching of authentic students at a variety of competence levels;
- a theoretical and practical grounding in the following areas of study: second language acquisition; teaching, learning and assessment strategies; classroom organization and management; language awareness; the selection, analysis and development of teaching resources; cultural awareness.
LRN (www.lrnglobal.org) is an awarding body creating qualifications for educational institutions, independent learning providers and employers. These qualifications are internationally recognized as providing proof of the skills and abilities required by educational institutes, professional bodies and governments. The British Assessment Bureau (BAB) has awarded LRN the international ISO 27001: 2013 certificate for the provision and online verification of certificates and awards.